Thursday, September 2, 2010

Metaphors

Today I completed my cardboard cut-out that was supposed to represent who we are as a Language Arts teacher. For my metaphor I chose a weight or a dumbell. I chose this because Language Arts is one of my favorite subjects. I have always liked this subject ever since elementary school. I feel it is one of my stronger subjects and the dumbell represents strength. It can also represent training to the stronger so that I can one day be the best Language Arts teacher I can be. I am looking forward to learning new techniques and strengthening my Language Arts skills during this semester.

1 comment:

  1. I liked how you chose a weight or dumbbell as your metaphor. That truely symbolizes your strength in language art and it fits your rationale perfectly. I feel it was very creative! I feel it represents your strength in language arts but gives your objective for this course. I myself am opposite. I feel I struggle with language arts. However, we seem to have the same outlook for the semester. We are looking for new teaching techniques and ways to strengthen our language art. I think that’s neat!

    ReplyDelete