Thursday, September 16, 2010
Final Basal Critique
Well today our final basal critiques were due. I worked hard on this and felt that my final product was pretty good. Today we critiqued our critiques. I thought this was very helpful because no matter how many times I read my paper I always miss some mistakes. I was glad that someone else was able to edit my paper before I got to turn in it. When I got my paper back I was happy that the person that edited my paper did not catch many mistakes. The main thing I did wrong was capitalized all the letter B's in basal. I will be going back to my paper and fixing this before I turn it in. I did like editing other peoples papers but I thought it was a bit frustrating. Sometimes i get nervous and second guess myself to make sure I am making correct corrections on someone else's paper. I did enjoy using the highlighting tape and I have never seen this before. I think it is definitely good for a classroom because you can use this and write on them without writing on the students actual paper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes, I totally agree that editing our critiques was very beneficial. I read and read my basal critique and I felt fairly confident, but I usually miss something. That is a great frustration for me. I also get nervous when reading others papers. I feel I don’t catch all the correction or do not provide enough appropriate feedback for that person. However, if we keep working on it in class it will make us better! Oh … Yes! I like the highlighting tape too. I totally forgot to write about that in my blog. I had never seen it before either. That was better than writing on someone’s actual paper. I felt this was a good class session.
ReplyDelete