Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Writing

I really enjoyed class today. I enjoy writing so when I heard we would be writing a prompt I was excited. When we were first told that we were to write about anything I thought that the topic was a bit broad. I do like writing but I like writing to a prompt or something that has more of a focus. It is more difficult to pick any topic to write about. I chose to write about my vacation to Florida the week before we came back to school. I went to visit my friend Emily and it was my favorite part of my summer. Once I found a topic and began writing it was very easy for me. I love to do my work with music in the background so when the music came on my writing flowed even more easily. I always have my ipod on or music coming from my computer. I really enjoyed sharing our writing afterwards too. I feel that doing this brings us closer to the other students in our class and therefore we will feel a lot more comfortable when we have to do presentations or lessons. Writing like this in class is very beneficial and I am excited to be doing this more often.

2 comments:

  1. I really agree with you about how this could bring the students closer. It is a great way to have students hear a little bit about each other. I also agree about the topic being broad. With a classroom of younger students this could be very hard and they could easily just give up. By having a prompt and a time limit for the students, they could probably go really far with this activity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your statement on how beneficial quick writes are. I feel they will help us develop into better writers. I too, enjoyed sharing our stories with others in class. I felt it built a closer connection to people in class. I know I related to Tyler's story and had another story of my own that went along with his. I agree this allows us to have a higher comfort level when it comes time to teach or present. Finally, I do agree that the topic was quite broad, but I feel that it was also good. It made us take hundreds of ideas and focus it into 1 specific topic. I think you need to learn to do this to be a good writer.

    ReplyDelete